Urinary Incontinence in New Jersey
Urinary incontinence is a condition that results in the loss of bladder control. For some patients, this involves minor leaking when laughing, sneezing, or coughing. For others suffering with more severe urinary incontinence, they feel a sudden urge to urinate without enough time to make it to a toilet. Regardless of the severity, it is important to see a doctor to determine the type and underlying cause of your urinary incontinence. The professionals at Women First Health Center can treat patients suffering from urinary incontinence so that they do not have to live with this embarrassing and uncomfortable problem.
There are five different types of incontinence.
- •Stress Incontinence: You experience leakage when pressure is exerted on to the bladder, such as laughing and sneezing.
- •Urge Incontinence: You have sudden and uncontrollable urges to urinate, often resulting in not making it to the toilet in time.
- •Overflow Incontinence: You experience frequent leakage or dripping of urine due to the bladder’s inability to completely empty.
- •Functional Incontinence: The physical or mental inability to make it to the toilet in time.
- •Mixed Incontinence: You experience more than one type of the above urinary incontinence types.
It is important to understand that urinary incontinence isn’t something to be embarrassed about and it isn’t something you have to live with. It is important to see a doctor if you experience any of the above types of urinary incontinence because urinary incontinence is almost always a symptom of something else going on in the body. If left ignored or untreated, the underlying problem may become worse and seriously threaten your health.
Doctors are able to treat urinary incontinence by treating whatever underlying cause is causing the symptom. This may include treating an infection, disease, or dietary influences. By treating the underlying cause, most patients find that their incontinence resolves.
Urinary Incontinence Appointments
Women in West Orange, New Jersey with urinary incontinence should schedule an appointment with Women First Health Center. We are here to help you end your problems with urinary incontinence, and discover the underlying cause so that you can return to a healthy life. Contact Women First health Center today by calling (973) 669-5711.